Written
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Gods Plans

Go down

The Gods Plans Empty The Gods Plans

Post  Admin Tue May 22, 2012 9:56 am

Blurb:
As a 15 year old boy, Narron Festaw faces the usual problems for teenagers. Acne, crushes
and bullies. But one day, a new problem is added to his list. He is the Chosen One, at least according
to Mestept. Now, he has to face everyday school problems, as well as battling 6 Ancient gods, who
want to destroy humanity.

Prologue:

Seven ancient entities,
Crafted all of our destinies.
When we strayed from the certain path,
Seven made their minds up fast.
To get on route a price must be paid,
To clear the world would fix it up again.
So it was, till fighting arose,
At which point, apart, they began to grow.
Now it's time to be brought together again,
Unless one can save us from eternal pain.

Narron read the passage from the book. History, what a boring subject. Narron couldn't remember why he had ever chosen to study it. A young girl strode past Narron, and walked up to the teacher, who sat reading from the text book.
"Sorry I'm late, Mr. Culney."
Her perfectly straight blonde hair sat just above her shoulders. She handed the teacher a small green note. A late pass. Narron saw her face drop, when the teacher, Mr. Culney, hand her a text book.
"Don't be late again, miss Koder."
"Yes Sir."
Keely Koder walked past Narron's desk and gave a shy smile, her dimples showing themselves, as her soft green eyes. Winked. Without stopping, she placed a small slip of paper on his desk as she walked by. He smiled back, cheeks going red with embarrassment. Now he remembered why he had chosen history. He and Keely had been friends since kindergarten. He had started crushing on her in year 10. He was unsure whether she liked him back, but never had the courage to ask. What if she had said no. Her Mother had told her that she had to take history, even though she did not want to, so he decided to take it and keep her company. They had been studying ancient prophecies and he was currently reading a prophecy on something to do with gods, and cleaning the planet. He wasn't paying attention. He unfolded the slip of paper and read the node in his head, hoping no one would see him read it. It said:

Hey Narron, we've been friends for years, and, I don't know if you feel the same way, but... I like you. I hope you like me too. If you feel the same, then meet me in the reading room in the school library at interval.

He smiled, and blushed again. At least that answered that. The rest of the period, he read the text book, but none of it sunk in, all he could think about was seeing Keely. Interval. It was first period now, so at the end of next period, he would go to the library to see Keely. He had to look good. When the bell rung, it's harsh tone hurting everyone's ears, Narron stood and ran to the men's bathroom. Two other students stood at the urinals, and Narron ran straight for the hand basins, and the mirrors. Stopping only inches short of the sink, he turned on a tap. Dipping his hands into the water, he quickly pulled them out. In his haste, he had turned the wrong facet on, and now hot water poured from it. He quickly turned it off, and turned the other on. He used the water and spiked his hair up a bit, then quickly rinsed his face. He had a pimple right on the his left nostril, or was it the right. He was never good with lefts and rights when using mirrors or computer pictures.
"Ha, look at the little girl fixing up her make-up."

The two boys strode over to him. Narron could tell that he was in trouble. They were seniors, like him, but he was only year 11, they were year 13's. They pushed him into the wall, and ordered him to hand over his money.
"I don't have any, now go away, just leave me alone."
"Sorry, that's not how it works."
The tallest one said. His brown hair partially covered one eye, but Narron could see a cold glare in the other eye. His mouth twisted into a dark grin, and the other one stepped up beside him.
"Yeah, that's not how it works. Tell him how it works Danny."
"Well, it works like this. You give us your money, and we dunk your head in the toilets. You don't give us your money, and we punch you, once in the gut, and once on the face. Then, we dunk you your head in the toilet."
Narron stood, knowing that he had no chance of fighting back and winning. Fear rose in him as Danny's arm rose, and flew for Narron's face. Narron felt the air rush past as he twisted his head to the side, and twisted his entire body to the right in the moment that the oldest boy, Danny, had weakened his grip.
"Dammit!"
He shook his hand in pain, and Narron saw that the mirror was shattered. Danny's hand bled slightly, though not as much as he deserved.
"Hurry up and get him, you idiot!"
Danny yelled at he other boy.
"Got ya!"
He reached for Narron, who quickly ducked his hands and pulled his feet out from under him. The boy fell, and Narron dashed out of the bathroom door, and completely out of C block.

Narron walked into F blocks toilets and resumed spiking his hair, but not before checking if anyone else was in there. Looking in the mirror, he saw his black hair standing, a few drops of water still sitting in it. They would be gone in an hour. Then he would see Keely. His brown eyes stared back at him, a strange, unfamiliar stare. Narron shook his head, and gave a cocky smile into the mirror. His white teeth seemed to catch the light from the sun, and shine it into the mirror, which reflected in to his eyes. Suddenly, the mirror shimmered, and came to life. Images slowly faded into view on the mirror. Some old man walked up to a boy, and tapped him on the shoulder. The boy turned and Narron saw his face. It was... him! Suddenly, the image flashed and changed. He was fighting a dragon, he had a large wooden shield and a sharp sword. Why would he go up against a dragon with a wooden sword? Why would he even go up against a dragon? In fact, dragons didn't even exist, did they?

Last edited by Admin on Tue May 22, 2012 11:56 am; edited 2 times in total
Admin
Admin
Owner
Owner

https://written.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

The Gods Plans Empty Re: The Gods Plans

Post  Admin Tue May 22, 2012 11:12 am

Chapter 1: A Mysterious Man-Meptest

The bell rang which signalled the end of the period. Finally, English was over. He stepped outside of the classroom, and the entire D block, heading for the library. Arriving at the door, he suddenly felt dizzy. He was nervous, but it felt as if something else was within him. As if something else didn't want him to see her. He walked in, and headed straight for the reading room. Only steps away, he veered away, unable to control his feet. He turned and ened up between two helves tightly packed with books. History books. He felt light headed, and scared. Why had his feet opposed him, and taken him here. Perhaps he did it himself, his nerves took control, he was too scared. Of course. That has to be it, after all, what else could it have been?

A tap on his shoulder startled him and he turned to see a strange old man standing beside him. Definitely not a student, and he had never seen them here before, which was strange considering he knew almost every teacher here. Perhaps this old man was a janitor? Something about the situation felt familiar, but he couldn't place it. The strange old man just stood, staring at him.
"You didn't heed my warning, I gave it to you at the door."
Narron recalled the feeling he had as he had come into the library, nervousness, and something else which this crazy old man claimed to be the cause of.

"You didn't accept the warning, so I was forced to physically make you move here. If you go and meet that girl, your entire destiny will be off-track. You won't be able to save the world!"
The old man sounded certifiably insane. His destiny... would be off-track if he met with the girl he had a crush on, who liked him back. There was no way that was happening. He stepped around the old man and walked towards Keely.
"No, my name is Mestemp and you MUST trust me!"
He shouted, making everyone look towards the two of them. Narron continued walking towards Keely, and Mestemp rose his hands.
"NO!"
He screamed at the top of his lungs, and all of a sudden, the room started spinning. Narron became dizzy, and fell to the floor. As he hit the floor, his eyes snapped open. Mr. Culney was standing in front of him, with an angry look on his face.

"Alright Narron, principals office now!"
Narron was still in class, and he had fallen asleep in class. Mr. Culney looked angry, and Narron knew there was no complaining. He felt as if his dream was important but he could not remember it. He took a blue slip from the history teacher, and walked out of class. He stared at the small flight of stairs that led straight outside, and then he stared to the right. A long corridor led to a ramp which connected to stairs. Both ways ended up at the same place, but one way took longer. Narron decided to take the long way and started down the hall. If only he could remember his dream.

Keely walked up the stairs that lead to her history classroom. She was so excited to get there. She hated the class so much, but her friend from kindergarten was in that class. It was their only class together, and she had a crush on him. She had written him a note early this morning, which she would give to him as soon as she made it to class, she decided. She was late, and so she took the quick way to class. No ramp and long corridor today. As she opened the door to history, she glanced someone walking down the corridor away from class, but took no notice of them. She walked towards the teacher, Mr. Culney and handed him a late pass. Apologizing to him, and listening to his annoyed response, he handed her a text book, which she took. She walked past Narron's desk, but did not put the note on his desk. He wasn't there. He must be sick. She went straight for her own seat, and sighed, as she opened a text book on ancient prophecies.
Admin
Admin
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed May 30, 2012 12:22 pm

Chapter 2: A New Destiny-The Hunter
After seeing the principal, Narron walked away glumly. He had hoped to see Keely today, but because of his sleep, he never had the chance. By the end of interval, he had recovered a single fragment of his dream. Something about the library. He couldn’t remember what the library had to do with it, but it was important.
Sitting at home, Narron opened his dream journal. He wrote down a single word under today's date. Library. With any luck, he could remember the rest later.
“Narron! I have to tell you something. Your Grandmother is feeling ill, and the doctors warned me that her cancer is advancing. I am going to the hospital to see her. I’ll be back in two days. She won’t die, but she is in pain, if anything happens, I’ll call you and get you here straight away. Alright, I already have my plane ticket. I’m of. Good bye honey, and be careful, and don’t get into trouble. I love you!”

Narron watched TV for a short time, but could not focus, he was too worried for his Grandmother. After remembering his Mum had said that if anything started happening, she would tell him and he would be there fast, he decided to focus on something else. Food. He walked to the kitchen, passing a window. The house was old, but strong. And big. There were almost three rooms which Narron was forced to go through to arrive in the kitchen. Had Narron looked out the kitchen window, he would have seen an old man, who was watching Narron. A man draped in a grey cloak, which covered his solemn face. Soon enough, a knock on the door came, though upon the door getting opened, Narron found no one was on the other side. Narron ignored it, but after knocks coming from every other door, Narron began getting frightened. Knocks on every door all at once couldn't be possible, could it? Were there a group outside that were trying to scare him. Who would do that, and why? How did they know he was home alone. Almost as quickly as it had begun, it stopped. At exactly the same time. Narron decided to lock all of the doors, but before he could even get to the first, a man stepped in front of the door. He had come from the room right next to it, which terrified Narron. How had someone known what door he would go for to be there at the right room and right time.

"Who are you?"

Narron was barely able to stand upright. He wanted to run, but his body was seized with fear. It wouldn't obey him.

"Answer me! Who are you and why are you here?"

"Narron, it is me, Meptest! I see your powers have not developed at all! I had hoped that my last visit to you at the library, but I guess that it will take more time, or more access to others powers before it happens."

Narron stood in shock and awe, his mouth almost dropping off.

"The library!"

He thought back to the dream he had previously struggled to remember. The library was the key place in his dream, and seeing this man now, more of the dream began returning. Keely's note, Meptest stopping him. Meptest shouting, and that was where he awoke. How is it that this man had entered his dream? Meptest studied the teenagers face.

"I can see that you are in shock, that often happens with you mortals of these times."

Narron could barely wrap his head around the man being in his dream, and being told that he had developing powers, now he was a mortal, that meant that this guy was not!

"Mortals? Wha-what are you? Are you even human?"

Narron stuttered., unable to understand what was going on.

"You, Narron Festaw, are the hunter! It is your destiny to hunt down six dark beings. Beings which wish to destroy the human race. Six Gods!"

Narron couldn't process what was going on, and collapsed, as the world around him spun, and began to fade, he noticed Meptest reach for him and a bright flash, revealed a strange world, darkness continued enveloping him as flames danced across a tiny dot of vision.
Admin
Admin
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed May 30, 2012 2:29 pm

Chapter 4-A New World

Narron awoke in what appeared to be his house, though it seemed slightly different. Walls that would normally be baby blue were now white, with only baby blue around the edges. All of the items in the house were also changed. The cupboard and sink were gone, replaced with a long marble bench. The linoleum floor was replaced by a deep crimson carpet. Narron could barely process that this was not his house. Then he remembered the flames, and looked around for them.

"If you're looking for the flames, they're not here. It was a transitional zone in time. A step between all points in time. There are many of them, the one we used was a flaming area, but we're out of it."

A bellowing roar echoed through the house, and Narron ran for the closest window. He blinked several times before he realized that the scene outside really was unfolding, and was not just some strange image on the window. Two dragons swooped through the sky, spitting fireballs around, destroying houses, buildings. Narron looked and saw the ruins of James'-Narron's friend who lived only three houses away-house. It was torched, only a small piece of wall stood, and the wallpaper was burned beyond recognition.

Narron watched as one flew off, it's wings slowly rising, and falling. It's dark red scales shone under the full moon, and while it looked beautiful, it clearly was just a creature of destruction. The other dragon turned and lifted into the air also, but not in the same direction. It flew off above their house, and out of sight from the window that Narron and Tempest stood at.

Narron ran for the door, and opened it. As the door swung open and Narron ran out, attempting to escape, Narron heard Meptest exclaim:

"No! You fool, you're doomed!"

Before Narron had a chance to react, the dragon was back. It was a trap, but why had it not attacked them, or the house, earlier. Turning back to Meptest, he ran for the door, but one of the dragons claws crashed down in front of Narron. From far, Narron had known the dragons were large, but being close up with one he only just now realized how large. The dragons body was as large as a house, and then there was it's neck and head. It's neck was thick enough to support it's head, but was only half as thick as it's head, which was the size of a large kitchen. It's legs reached almost 8 feet each, and it's jaw spat fire which reached lengths of 20 feet. It was not like what he thought they would be from when he had seen them on TV.

(Will finish chapter tomorrow.)
Admin
Admin
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: